Places to list your business for free.
Believe it or not, there is still such a thing as a free lunch, there are a lot of important internet directories in the UK that will give you free listings.
Some of them even have enough usage to benefit you as a standalone entity, we have certainly gained clients in this fashion over the years, but we should warn you that once you have entered your details into a web directory you WILL get them calling you trying to sell you ‘premium’ entries.
When it comes to helping you rank more highly on Google their ‘SEO‘ value has stepped back a little over recent years, however, that said, if you present your organisation in the same way across all of them it shows consistency to search engines and customers alike and will give you some traction.
2 Great Tips for Directory listings
1) Always enter your internet directory listing exactly the same way each time into the business directory. For example make sure you stick to one format for Street or Road-
Which of course can be entered:
ST, St, Str, RD, Rd, or even rd.
Clarendon Road or Clarendon rd it doesn’t matter just keep it the same each time.
2) Save yourself time and repetitive strain by using a free program/ plug in that automates form filling, such as Roboform -literally enter your details in once and the next ‘webform’ you see can be filled in with one click of a mouse.
1) Always write down the username and password you used to submit to each of the web directories, and keep them safe – you’ll need them again if you have to change any details later.
2) Make sure you read the instructions carefully at each site before you submit your listing, Not all of them are applicable for every type of business. some cater to companies operating in the tourism industry, others only provide listings to B2B companies.
3) You could be already be listed with some of these free business directories, even if you’ve never submitted the information- check to see if your UK business is listed before submitting a new listing, and “claim” or “amend” it as necessary if it’s not accurate or part complete.
The Free UK Business Directories List:
Main site: https://uk.local.yahoo.com/
Yell (Yellow Pages online)
Main site: https://www.yell.com/
Submit at: https://www.yell.com/free-listing/
Main site: https://www.thomsonlocal.com/
Main site: http://www.city-visitor.com/
Main site: http://www.touchlocal.com/
Submit at: http://www.touchlocal.com/add-listing
Main site: https://www.freeindex.co.uk/
Submit at: https://www.freeindex.co.uk/signup.htm
Main site: https://www.yelp.co.uk/
Submit at: https://www.yelp.co.uk/business
Main site: https://www.tipped.co.uk/cities
Submit at: https://www.tipped.co.uk/login
For More listings you can use to promote your business
Download our Free Advertising Sites: Masterlist
If you are too busy managing your business to keep up with the latest developments in the SEO industry and want more leads, we can help.
We have a team of SEO experts with years of experience in the industry who can create an effective SEO campaign for you. Contact us today on 0800 110 5923